When it comes to e-commerce, or any business for that matter, not everyone who visits your website will become your customer. Having a lot of views does not mean that your website will generate revenue for you. This is why conversion matters!
The average online user surfs a website for less than 30 seconds, and consciously (or subconsciously) decides to move on. A website that has a bad layout or takes too long to load will certainly push viewers away.
Here are 5 tips for attaining better conversion rates when designing and developing a website for your business:
- Make sure that your website loads quickly. This one is a no-brainer because a slow loading website will instantly drive away viewers.
- Have a proper navigation system in place with clear categories and structure that is organized around the consumer experience on the website.
- Integrating social selling and customer personalization into your website. This is especially true for websites which sell a product.
- Our previous blog about mobile websites highlighted that mobile is the new medium through which consumers surf the internet. By optimizing your website for the mobile user interface you will be able to capture a significant portion of these visitors.
- Lastly, it is very important to track all your visitors, and then use this data to help better understand your audience. By doing so, you can use targeted advertisements to attract viewers who are actually interested in the product or service you have to offer- giving you a high conversion rate.
At ThinkStudio BKK, leading freelance web designer in bangkok we integrate all of these tips, and many more when designing a website for our clients. Our method is always based on maximizing conversion rather than views for our client’s website. This means having a website that is cool and functional, but most importantly, is targeted towards the right audience.